I LOVE bags! Some women love shoes, not me! I have a serious weakness – handbags, sports bags, suitcases, toiletry bags, camera bags, zip lock bags! I love them all! I have a gazillion of them (and that’s AFTER I cleaned out my wardrobe recently and donated a thousand pre-loved gems).
I ordered a new tote yesterday. <insert excited squeal here> I can’t wait for it to arrive!!
I am ALWAYS admiring other women’s handbags in the street. So, every now and then, I am going to approach random people and ask them to turn out the contents of their bag and share what they lug around with them all day every day and why. Sometimes the contents will be super groovy, interesting, useful, amusing or just plain disturbing….. that’s why it will be fun! Who’s with me??
Single mum, works full-time as a System Administrator for a Teleradiology Department. Busy. Organised. After School Sports/Extra Curricula Queen. Super-Woman.
Ok here goes….lucky for me, I just got a new handbag – so it is still all fresh and nice (not cluttered with last year’s bills and pay-slips).
- My first item, which never leaves my handbag is my ‘go-to’ clutch – this contains essentials like band aids, nail cutters, tweezers, medication, Savlon Cream and a nail file.
- Next we have my council rates notice and an electricity bill (I hate being a grown up!!)
- My spotty umbrella is next, by the way – it is new and has not been used yet – although the weather has turned this week with the threat of a cyclone up north. So maybe this is the week I can unveil my spotty umbrella!
- Second last on the list is a sewing kit. I picked this up on a trip to Emerald for work, way back when I travelled with my job.
- Last of all my car keys with my special Dubai key ring (a souvenir from a friend’s trip to Dubai).
- One more thing – my wallet! Where would I be without my favourite Oroton Wallet?!
I should probably also mention that I am not a usual handbag carrying type of girl – I mainly use my handbag for carrying my lunch to work in and for travelling. Even saying that I use my handbag when I travel could be a stretch, now that my darling daughter is of an age where she ‘needs’ to carry her many electronic devices, most of the time I will ‘piggy back’ my stuff into her backpack!!
“I am more of a wallet ‘girl’ than a whole handbag girl! My wallet though – now that in itself contains band-aids, space to store my phone and a pair of earrings at the moment (I really must get those out!!)”